Ethics & Policies
The Ciência & Engenharia - Science & Engineering journal is published by the Federal University of Uberlândia - UFU and aims to disseminate technical scientific works, from the country and abroad, in the areas of Engineering, Information Technology, Management Sciences, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical & Allied Paramedical and other diciplines of Science the content of which has not been published. Ciência & Engenharia is an international scholar refereed research journal which aims to promote the theory and practice.
A broad outline of the journal’s scope includes; peer reviewed original research articles, case and technical reports, reviews and analyses papers, short communications and notes to the editor, in interdisciplinary information on the practice and status of research in Engineering, Information Technology, Management Sciences, Agriculture, Pharmaceutical & Allied Paramedical and other diciplines of Science, both natural and man made.
The main aspects of research areas include: Engineering (All Disciplines), Computer Science, Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Medical Science, Pharmaceutical, Agriculture, Geology, Statistics, Accounting, Networking, Information System, Social Science, Mathematics, Management and Economics.
Ciência & Engenharia - Science & Engineering journal is a MULTIDISCIPLINARY international journal which provides platform for research paper publishing.
Ethics topics to consider when publishing:
- Authorship of the paper: Authorship should be limited to those who have made a significant contribution to the conception, design, execution, or interpretation of the reported study.
- Originality and plagiarism: The authors should ensure that they have written entirely original works, and if the authors have used the work and/or words of others that this has been appropriately cited or quoted.
- Data access and retention: Authors may be asked to provide the raw data in connection with a paper for editorial review, and should be prepared to provide public access to such data.
- Multiple, redundant or concurrent publication: An author should not in general publish manuscripts describing essentially the same research in more than one journal or primary publication. IJNPME do not view the following uses of a work as prior publication: publication in the form of an abstract; publication as an academic thesis; publication as an electronic preprint.
- Acknowledgement of sources: Proper acknowledgment.
- Disclosure and conflicts of interest: All submissions must include disclosure of all relationships that could be viewed as presenting a potential conflict of interest.
- Fundamental errors in published works: When an author discovers a significant error or inaccuracy in his/her own published work, it is the author’s obligation to promptly notify the journal editor or publisher and cooperate with the editor to retract or correct the paper.
- Reporting standards: Authors of reports of original research should present an accurate account of the work performed as well as an objective discussion of its significance.
- Hazards and human or animal subjects: Statements of compliance are required if the work involves chemicals, procedures or equipment that have any unusual hazards inherent in their use, or if it involves the use of animal or human subjects.
- Use of patient images or case details: Studies on patients or volunteers require ethics committee approval and informed consent, which should be documented in the paper.